Artists Create Public Installation for Artwalk Gardiner
Gardiner Talent Show!
LOCAL TALENT needed! All ages invited to audition May 13th at Johnson Hall, click here for more info.
First Day of Spring was Monday, March 20th and there are several great events coming up. You can get up to date on our events, including community happenings in Greater Gardiner by doing any -or all!- of these:
- Sign up for our biweekly Tuesday newsletter which has great info on community events, announcements, and happenings in town. Click here to sign up: Newsletter.
- Like and Follow Gardiner Main Street on Facebook for up-to-date information, including last minute event changes, etc…Plus, we’re responsive! Ask a question, make a comment and your sure to a response from a GMS staff or volunteer!
- Visit our website (the page you’re currently viewing, wahoo!) and check out our Calendar of Events.
There are several fantastic ongoing and one time events you don’t want to miss, Friday beer tastings at the Craft Beer Cellar, art shows at the Monkitree Art Gallery, specials at 1 Brunswick Trading, exclusive local dining with The Butcher & The Baker, shows and performances at historic Johnson Hall, Open Mic Jam Night at Niche, Inc., and the monthly Facetime Social Networking event on the first Wednesdays, and much more!
Here are links to upcoming events in the next three months:
- Ongoing, Facetime, 1st Wednesdays of each month, visit our Facebook.
- Holiday, Downtown Easter Egg Hunt & Children’s Activities, Saturday, April 15th
- Music Walk, Saturday, April 22nd, Click here.
- Gardiner Art Walk, Friday, May 5th
- Memorial Day Parade, organized by Smith Wiley American Legion Post #4, Monday, May 29th. Click here for event information.
- 2017 Food Truck Festival, organized by Capital 95.9, Saturday, May 20th, visit their Facebook.
- Greater Gardiner River Festival, organized by Gardiner Main St., Saturday, June 17th. Click here for event information and to access vendor applications.
As many of you are aware, Gardiner Main Street acquired a block of historic buildings last year in November. We’re making big plans to rehabilitate this old girl, and we need your help. Please click here for more information and to make a donation!
Gardiner Facade Program – Application Form
Due to delays caused by weather for those meeting with the Architect, the Gardiner Facade Grant Committee has agreed to extend the deadline for the submission of final proposals.
The new deadline will be March 3, 2017. All proposals must be delivered to City Hall by 3 p.m. on that date.
Building owners and businesses located in Gardiner’s Historic District who are interested in making improvements to the exterior of their properties and who attended the mandatory meeting on January 25th, to complete the application to apply for the program.
Mail or drop off completed application (further instructions detailed on the application) at Gardiner City Hall, 6 Church Street. *Applications may be mailed Gardiner City Hall, 6 Church Street, Gardiner, ME 04345, to ensure your application is received, please make sure the application packet arrives by 3 p.m on the deadline date and there has to be 5 copies plus the original.*
To access the application (will be shown as a .pdf format), click here: Gardiner Facade Program Application Form.
We’re Changing What “Gardiner” Means
Welcome to Gardiner, Maine – a genuine American community where a charming and historic downtown frames a vibrant and eclectic entrepreneurial business culture.
Gardiner’s thriving downtown and historic district are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It’s a must-see stop for history lovers on their way to Acadia National Park or further “Downeast,” providing an inspiring glimpse into the golden industrial era in Maine.
Combine the living history of downtown Gardiner with our sparkling waterfront, distinctive eateries and unique shops, and you’ll see why our little city is such a completely wonderful place to visit and experience our rich and varied heritage… not to mention an ideal place to live and to do business.
Gardiner is right in the middle of everything, directly off Interstates 95 and 295, and not far from Maine’s glorious mid-coast – an advantageous central location with easy access to the bulk of Maine’s year-round population plus all points south to Boston and New York, north to Canada.
On this website you’ll find out all about our colorful community, our fascinating heritage tourism opportunities, our considerable economic advantages, and the spirit and people behind the Gardiner Main Street Program. Welcome!
In the News…we’re not bragging, we’re just proud!
Camden National Bank Donates Gardiner Buildings
Maybe you caught wind of Gardiner Main Street’s exciting news – Camden National Bank has donated a block of historic buildings for redevelopment! We’ve got a grand opportunity ahead of us, and we look forward to working with the community to realize the potential of these buildings, which date back to the late 1800’s. Our plan is to migrate the Co-Lab Co-Working Space and the GMS office to this location by the end of November, and then push forward with plans to develop the rest of the space. Look for more details to come soon. Click here to learn more: Press Release