Saturday, April 22, 2017 From 5 to 8pm
For up to date information, click here for the Facebook page.
Area musicians, local businesses, and Gardiner Main Street are happy to present the Gardiner Music Walk. The music walk takes the successful concept of Art Walk, and infuses a mix of jazz, rock, rhythm, and soul. Throughout Downtown Gardiner, music will waft in and out of businesses to create a festive evening of shopping, dining, mingling, and community, all while supporting well established and burgeoning musicians alike.
April 22nd is National Record Store Day. Niche, Inc, Gardiner’s new and used vinyl shop is an official stop on the day meant to celebrate independently owned purveyors of music. Niche has worked with other area businesses who will host a variety of musicians from 5-8pm. Visitors are invited to stroll around Historic Downtown Gardiner and enjoy a spring evening while exploring all that Gardiner has to offer. Inspired visitors to Music Walk can also get involved by participating in a drum circle and make their own music.
Performances will overlap and progress throughout the evening. Brochures in participating businesses will reflect the schedule. *Please check back, we are working on updating the schedule.
Musicians are donating their time to share in the community of music for all to enjoy, and will busque at each location. The event (unless otherwise noted) is free to the public, but tipping is strongly encouraged to show appreciation for their talents. Several other businesses will contribute to the merriment of the evening with special activities and promotions.
List of events for April 22nd
– 8:00 Record Store a Day Releases @ Niche Inc.
– 11:00 to 12:00 Justin Walton will be playing @ Niche, Inc.
– 12:00 to 3:00 Eric Brown will be doing a demo of his custom guitars @ Niche Inc.
– 2:00 to 6:00 Bikini Bike wash and barbecue @ The Bench
– 3:00 to 4:00 Alden Gilg will be playing fiddle @ The Craft Beer Cellar.
– 4:00 to 6:00 A Drum Circle @ Johnson Park
– 4:00 to 7:00 DogFish Head Tasting @ The Craft Beer Cellar.
– 5:00 to 8:00 Music Walk starts @ Healty Smiles, Canton Village, The Bench
– 7:30 Maine Event Comedy Night @ Johnson Hall