Founded in 1885, the Gardiner Board of Trade is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization consisting of local business owners, professionals and civic leaders who work together to promote economic development in the City of Gardiner.
It has an 18 member Board of Directors; Nick Alberding is the current President. The Board’s Executive Director is Nate Rudy, who also works as the City’s Planning & Development Director, providing great opportunities for collaboration between the Board and the City on economic development projects.
Significant Board of Trade projects have included:
- Libby Hill Business Park
- Collaborated with the City of Gardiner for development of both Phase I (16 lot) and Phase II (12 lot) – including Planning, Land Acquisition, Environmental Engineering and Lot Sales
- Most recent sale is to Northeast Radiant Technology, currently in construction phase
- Gardiner Main Street — Partnered with the City to submit application that led to becoming one of Maine’s first four Main Street Maine Communities
- Constructed 9,000 SF manufacturing building in downtown Gardiner for former Pineland Boot Company
- Acquired and renovated former grammar and junior high school building and sold to current Superintendant’s Office
- Partnered with the City of Gardiner to acquire and renovate the Manson and Church Building, prominently located in downtown Gardiner
- Constructed the former 76,758 SF Commonwealth Shoe building; currently a portion of the building is occupied by Isamax Snacks
To learn more about the Gardiner Board of Trade, please call 207-582-6888, or email [email protected].