The Wall that Heals is coming to the Gardiner Common in Gardiner, Maine. The Common will be a National Monument for the time it is here.
To volunteer for this event CLICK HERE
For more information about The Wall That Heals: CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL SITE.
To view the official brochure for Gardiner, CLICK HERE
Thursday, July 19, 2018
- 10AM Opening Ceremony
- 7:30PM In alphabetical order, reading of 117 names of Mainers listed A through E who are on "The Wall that Heals" followed by Taps
- 8PM Music by Karen Biser
Friday, July 20, 2018
- 6PM Welcoming Home Celebration
- 7:30PM In alphabetical order, reading of 115 through 341 names of Mainers listed F through M who are on "The Wall that Heals" followed by Taps
- 8PM Candlelight vigil, music by The Don Roak & Friends Band
Saturday, July 21, 2018 OPEN DAY FOR REFLECTION
- 7:30PM In alphabetical order, reading of 109 through 341 names of Mainers listed N through Y who are on "The Wall that Heals" followed by Taps
Sunday, July 22, 2018
- 1PM Interfaith Service on The Common. Music by Paul Tobey Band.
- The Silhouette Project
- Mission 22
- Wreaths Across America
- Vet's Corner
- Focus Groups at 10AM, 2PM, and 4PM
- The Vietnam War: A film by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick
Join us as we honor the incredible people we've met, the powerful stories which have been shared, the healing conversations, and our strong communities that have made The Wall on the Common 2018 so meaningful.
Paper and pencils will be provided for rubbings of the Wall.
LOCATION AND TRANSPORTATION
Parking Lots, street parking, and public disability parking areas are available throughout the Gardiner Common location.
Buses will be provided for Friday's Welcoming Home Celebration and Saturday.
Visit Facebook: The Wall on the Common 2018 to view parking maps. For additional information, please contact (207) 530-3604 or (207) 588-6000.