Co-chaired by Robert Abbey and Dawn Thistle, the Streetscape Committee is involved with enhancing the physical appearance of downtown Gardiner including the rehabilitation of historic buildings, encouragement of supportive new construction, development of sensitive design management systems, and long-term planning.
Current Projects include:
- Breathe Free, You're in Maine!
- Develop way-finding & signage recommendations
- Planters/benches for Water St.
- Palmer Fountain
- Cobbossee Streamside
- Gazebo Touch-ups
- Wheat Paste & Art in the Park
- Fence rails for the Common
- Public Art project
Past Projects have included:
- Pole painting
- Historic Pathway
- Manage city’s $80,000 facade grant program
- Kennebec-Chandiere Monument Site
- Benches Project
- Restoration of Johnson Hall Park
- Maintaining all Waterfront and City Gardens
- Maintenance and repair plan for Water Street/Annual
- History Walk: Hidden Spaces/Storied Places
- Legacy: 150 Years of Johnson Hall
- Sturgeon Art with SpinOff Studios
- If This Building Could Talk
- Pallet Chairs
Get Involved! We need your help to sustain the Gardiner Main Street initiatives and invite you to join a committee, volunteer for events, or make a donation. For volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 207.582.3100.
Download our Design Guidelines for Downtown Gardiner